- We have less meetings
- We travel less
- We pollute less Carbon Dioxide
- We commute less (and gain 30-45 minutes per day)
- We can nap more (something we all missed over the last decades right?!)
- We prioritize our health and immune system more
- We stay at home when ill (something we should continue to do even when Covid-19 is gone)
- We work more virtual (and guess what – it works!)
- Our solidarity as humans increases: Covid-19 does not know race, skin color, religion or sexual orientation. (Unfortunately it does know age though). We are all equal in this together…
- Home office work becomes possible (even in the most new work averse companies whose leaders don’t trust their people and think that it’s only real work if you sit at your office desk)
- We focus more on the essential: When there’s just one kind of toilet paper in the shelves you don’t care about brand, texture or color do you?!
- We are forced to find new, better solutions for our most pressing problems
- We don’t have to queue (Don’t forget how often you’ve complained about standing in line… now you don’t have to)
- We don’t have to visit so many events and conferences
- We have more time at home to spend with our loved ones, for ourselves, to reflect, to strategize to be creative to recharge
Don’t get me wrong…
I’m not naïve and I’m well aware that these benefits come at a high price.
But when you look at the list you realize that it’s all stuff people usually complain about:
“I travel too much, too many meetings, too many events…”
Don’t worry. Your normal life will come back very soon.
So enjoy the next weeks and months and see it as a little time-out.
We are so much better in fighting Covid-19 when we do not drown in negativity and self-pity but focus on the solutions.
We as a human beings have survived and grown stronger from every battle in the past.
So let’s do it this time again – together. Ok?!
Thank you for reading 🙂
(Click here to check the corresponding Slideshare)
What benefits or positive aspects do you see from Covid-19?
What changes should we keep after the pandemic?
Popular Short Posts:
Sustaining our physiology is NOT about heavy workouts (175,000+ Views)
How Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Destroys Your Recovery & Sleep (23,000+ Views)
If you don’t wanna miss a single post here on LinkedIN about Strategic Performance Recovery & Sleep Optimization, follow me here on LinkedIn.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE?
Please share it with 2-3 friends, colleagues or family members who need to read this. Thank you!
WANT MORE ?
No problem, register for the newsletter. Never miss any fresh performance content.